My world, it spins.

Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Day #A lot

Greetings everyone,

I writing, having just returned from Cape Spear; the
Easternmost point in North America. Firstly; the view
from here is incredible. Newfoundland did not
disappoint in its promise of beauty. Much like Cape
Breton Island, it's a collage of all things beautiful
in Canada. There are huge, rolling hills, shining blue
lakes, great open fields and of course, a good view of
the Atlantic.

Despite all the affirmatives, I'm left with a curious
feeling: the lack a new destination. For the past 42
days, I've always had another step to take. A new
town, new region, new province. Now, here I am at the
edge of Canada; mission accomplished.

That said; I'm sore, tired, mentally exhausted and
quite ready to rejoin my friends and family in
Toronto. So from here, I'll spend one rousing night
with friends in St. John's and by Wednesday afternoon,
I'll be hurtling towards home, not far from the speed
of sound.

It's been a wild ride.

Until next time,

-Dan

No comments: