My world, it spins.

Saturday, August 6, 2005

Day #12


Hi Everybody,

I'm writing from a pay terminal at London Drugs in Regina, SK. It's pretty hot outside today (not unlike yesterday) so it's a relief to be in an air-conditioned environment.

After riding 650km in the past three days in order to make up for my pace in the rockies, I treated myself to a motel room here in Regina. It was basically the most decrepit place I could find; priced at a mere $41.95 per night. AND they served free coffee in the morning. :-)

Contrary to what most people think about Saskatchewan, it's not really that flat. Hills are plentiful and while not steep, they're long. I've found myself riding uphill for whole kilometres quite regularly. Granted, - to quote Blood, Sweat and Tears - "What goes up, must come down." Riding downhill for whole kilometres is a nice treat.

I've also been quite blessed to have not had any terrible head winds thus far. Most of the time, the wind seems to be crossing me while giving me a slight push forward. Whenever they're right behind me, cruising at 40km/hr becomes no problem at all. When I face them however, maintaining 20km/hr is a struggle.

Alas, it's time to bear another day of hot riding. I might take it easy on the kilometreage though. I've met two other people doing the same trip as me, but taking it much slower. I'm starting to feel foolish.

Until next time,

Remember - Life's a journey, not a destination.

-Dan

No comments: