My world, it spins.

Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Day #7


Hello from Alberta!

I'm getting ready for a comfy night's sleep at my mom's cousin's house in the south end of Calgary.

Needless to say, I'm finished with Rockie Mountains. Since my last email in Kamloops, I've biked to and over Roger's Pass (1330m) and Kicking Horse Pass (1640m) with a brief return to 650m in between. The hills were treacherous but worth every expended calorie.

Last night, I stayed just outside of Lake Louise and woke up to a 12 degree mountain morning. It was brisk, but I survived. It was an easy 90km downhill to Canmore and it was mostly flat from there to Calgary.

I'm excited about the next thousand kilometers. Apparently there are all of two hills, neither more than 100 meters in length. Hopefully I'll see lots of crops.

I'm not sure when I'll write again; perhaps a cafe in Regina. If all goes well at the Mac store in Calgary tomorrow, I'll send some pictures with my next message. I've seen some really funny road signs. :-)

Until then, hope with me that the wind is at my back. I've got a plan involving tent poles, a jacket and wind propulsion.

-Dan

No comments: