My world, it spins.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Day #30something


Hi Everybody,

I'm taking a break for dinner (and a critical bike repair) in Quebec City.

I think I've been discussing my lack of bike problems too much recently. My first day out of Ottawa, I flattened a tire in a big pothole. My second day, I somehow tore a spoke right out of my rear rim. The wheel is now more ovular than I like. Today, my rear shifter stopped working properly. Luckily, there's a highly acclaimed Italian bike mechanic in Quebec City who is currently tending to my wealth of problems.

Otherwise, the riding has been wonderful. I could not ask for better roads or weather conditions. That's supposed to change come Monday, but hopefully I'll race the clouds to the East Coast.

I'm starting to get the "home stretch" vibe, but it's getting lonely out here. I've exhausted my supply of friends/family to stay with. Responses to emails are very much encouraged from here on in.

Until Fredericton,

-Dan

No comments: