My world, it spins.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Day #18

Greetings, enthusiasts!

I'm writing to you from a Days Inn suite in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Let me tell you of my adventures in getting here.

I last wrote from Winnipeg on Tuesday night. Wednesday went just as planned. I rode a hard and fast 225km to Kenora, Ontario - home sweet home. My plan was to ride another 450km to Thunder Bay by Friday night in order to meet my dad who had driven up from Toronto with a friend.

I awoke to a cold and rainy Thursday and after a mere 30km, it had become very clear that my health was not improving. Coughing, shivering and conceding to common sense, I determined that for my own good, I should take enough time off to mend my health. I rode another 62km to Vermillion Bay, where I ate dinner and took an overnight Greyhound to Thunder Bay.

I've pretty much slept steadily since my arrival on Friday morning and I'm feeling much better. As tempted as I am to take the bus back to Vermillion Bay and start from where I left off, cost and time prohibit me from doing so. So tomorrow morning, I resume course across Ontario.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a full recovery from this congestion of the lungs, so I'm going to take it easy on the kilometrage for the week.

Until next time,

"I spent a week in Thunder Bay one day." - My dad

-Dan

No comments: